Pancakes are a beloved breakfast staple that brings warmth and comfort to the start of the day. Whether you prefer them fluffy, thin, or filled with delicious add-ins, pancakes are a versatile treat that can be customized to suit your taste. In this recipe, we will guide you through the process of making homemade pancakes that are light, airy, and perfectly golden. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or treating your loved ones to a special breakfast, this pancake recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings and start your day off right.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- Optional: Additional ingredients such as chocolate chips, blueberries, or sliced bananas
Mixing the Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- If desired, gently fold in any additional ingredients, such as chocolate chips or berries, to add flavor and texture to your pancakes.
Cooking the Pancakes
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the surface with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the pancake batter onto the hot skillet for each pancake. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a circular shape.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.
- Serve the pancakes immediately while they are still warm and fluffy.
- Top the pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Serve alongside crispy bacon, sausage links, or a side of scrambled eggs for a complete breakfast.
In conclusion, pancakes are a breakfast classic that brings joy and comfort to the table. With this recipe, you can create homemade pancakes that are light, fluffy, and delicious. Whether you enjoy them plain, with a drizzle of syrup, or packed with your favorite add-ins, pancakes are a versatile treat that can be customized to suit your taste. So, gather your ingredients, mix up the batter, and heat up your skillet. Indulge in the wonderful aroma and taste of homemade pancakes that will make your mornings extra special. Enjoy the simple pleasure of a stack of warm and fluffy pancakes that are sure to brighten your day.